Smile Spokane is passionate about improving oral health in in our community. We are dedicated oral health champions with a comprehensive plan to improve oral health in Spokane. We started in 2015 and have grown to include numerous organizations who understand that oral health is an essential part of overall health.
We have joined together to form an Oral Health Local Impact Network (LIN), with a goal to reduce health disparities in Spokane County by 25%.
Using a health equity lens, the LIN is organized around seven strategies:
- Community Care Coordination
- Opioid Prescription Practices
- Oral Health Integration into Primary Care
- Access to Dental Services for Adults on Medicaid and Seniors
- School-based Sealant Programs
- Co-location of Primary Care, Behavioral Health and Oral Health on a Supportive Housing Campus
- Community Education
You are healthier with a healthy mouth. Smile Spokane believes that everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy life. With the help of partners, we aim to transform health systems, promote prevention and improve access to care.
Thank you for your interest in Oral Health and Smile Spokane. Improving the health of our community requires the work and commitment of many diverse partners.
We invite you to explore the website and engage with Smile Spokane on Social Media. We’re always looking for community engagement and feedback.